Commission a Painting
- Traditional stretched canvas, 3/4” deep (best depth if framing).
- Traditional stretched canvas, 2” deep
- Smooth gessoboard, mounted on 3/4” deep natural wood sides.
- Smooth gessoboard, mounted on 2” deep natural wood sides.
- First we look at your favorite photos and discuss how you want your loved one portrayed. I can help with that decision process to choose the best image for your project. We’ll decide the best background to enhance the portrait.
- After image/size is decided, I present a layout for final approval. Can be in person or via email for distance orders.
SUBJECTS and sizes
- There is no limit to the number of subjects, tho multiple subjects affect the size required.
- Sizes start at 12x12; there is no upper limit.
- I work exclusively in oil on canvas or board. Canvas has a texture; boards are perfectly smooth.
- Sides can be painted as a self-frame or unpainted.
- Finish varnish is a soft gloss.
- Please allow a 6-month window for delivery as paintings must be fully dry for varnishing.
- Prices start at $1500 for one subject, 12x12.
- Prices quoted individually for additional subjects, larger sizes, complex backgrounds and photo shoots.
- Shipping is additional, calculated by size/weight/destination.
- I require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of quoted price to start the project.